-->

31 May 2018

Guide: Painting bases

Hi everyone!

I didn't post anything here for a long time and now the moment has come. In this post, I want to show you how I paint different bases. I am going to show you four little step-by-step guides. I use all of these ways of painting bases for my models.

1. Wasteland base #1.
Step 1: I applied two thin coats of Citadel texture paint - Armageddon Dust.


Step 2: I washed all over the base using shade - Agrax Earthshade. I did that only after the texture paint has dried. Again, in this step I washed base using two thin coats.


Step 3: I drybrushed all over the base using The Army Painter - Skeleton Bone.


Here is the final result.


2. Urban base.
Step 1: I painted all over the base using Vallejo Negro Black. By the way, it is my favorite black paint.


Step 2: I used drybrush to apply Mechanicus Standard Grey. In this way, I painted only edges of the model sand.


Step 3: I drybrushed base again, but this time I used Dawnstone and I did that a little bit slightly, to make it possible to see previous  layer of dark grey color.


And that is all. As you see, it is a really simple way to make nice base. Usually I add some additional details to bases to make them more interesting and less boring. This time I added bolter.


3. Swamp bases.
Step 1: I painted base and all the details using Vallejo Negro black (there is photo, from the previous guide).


Step 2: I drybrushed model sand on the base using Caliban green.


Step 3: As next step, I used Rhinox Hide. I drybrushed some areas of the ground using this paint. Not all over the base just some areas to see the previous layer of dark green.


Step 4: Using PVA-glue I attached some swamp bushes from Citadel. Before these bushes, I used cheap model grass, but I decided not to use it anymore.


Step 5: Using one of my new paints - technical paint Nurgle's Rot, I made plague puddles.


And that is all. Swamp base is ready.


4. Wastleand base #2
Step 1: I covered base using Citadel Skrag Brown.


Step 2: I drybrushed all over the base using The Army Painter - Skeleton Bone.


Step 3: I painted the rest of the details on the base - this time it is part of the sword. 


I used such bases for my figures from inquisition retinue. As you see, it is very fast and simple way to paint base in this style. 

To sum up, in this post I showed to all of you my ways of painting bases. All of them are simple and a little bit cheap. But I like the final result and I hope you like it too.

Thanks for reading!
Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment