-->

16 August 2013

Drawn icon

Few days ago, I decided to take a break from painting Space Wolves tactical squad. Then an idea appeared. And I decided to draw small picture of something, just to try. After that, I started to search easy guide of a little picture to draw it. Eventually, I saw a website, where I found several manuals of freehanding Space Wolves symbols (link below). I like that guides, because I found them useful and easy. So I tried to draw one of symbols. I chose Harald Deathwolf company symbol. I draw it on cardboard. Here are photos and some comments.
First phase. It is a finished first sketch of wolf head drawn in pencil. To make correction of my mistakes easier, I used a transparent pencil. There are no "sun" on this sketch. I decided to draw it later.


Second phase. Icon drawn with a thick pencil. I did that to make clear edges.


Third phase. Picture in colors. Firstly, I painted wolf head in black color. Then I painted background in red. And after that I drew white "sun". For that I used  games-workshop paints. Then, I drew some highlights on wolf head to make some relief.


Fourth phase. Varnishing picture. After this step cardboard became bent.


And last one step. I cut unnecessary cardboard fringes.


P.S. Here are link of a website, where you can found some guides, which can help you to draw Space Wolves symbols.  Link.

Thanks to author of these guides. They are really useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment